Tuesday 29 November 2011

The Sixth One

Ok so I know what you are thinking.....

And it's probably something along the lines of "so this chick sits in a car pretty much all day everyday...do investigators get fat?"

The answer to that question is of course; some of us. Many investigators get comfortable and lazy sitting in their cars and find it all too easy to just go through the drive-thru of the nearest maccas...and since this is NSW we also have those terribly delightful Krispe Kremes....I assume most peoples worst enemy. However there are some of us (including myself just FYI) that make sure we don't consume too many carbs on the job and keep up a regular gym routine. Right now I am pretty much sore all over! I'm new to the gym but am so far enjoying it...especially since it is air conditioned!! Some people think that being able to work in a car all day means that I can run my air con....this is of course not the case, I'm not stupid. If I run my air con all day or even turn my engine on nosey neighbours get involved...and I do not want this. So instead I sit in a car, with the windows wound down a little bit and watch and wait. Believe me time feels like it drags when you start to sweat and cook inside your car. So going into a large air conditioned room is like a fresh of breath air.
You can probably tell from reading this that I am not going to enjoy summer...I will seriously hate life.

So we had a training day for Investigators sometime last week (obviously won't mention days or companies) but here's what I learnt;

  • What I do pretty much doesn't help in the long run.
  • It only helps close or open cases for large clients
  • Apparently communication is key
  • In regards to the above point- they obviously need to tell this to their employees
  • Communication on my end is constant...especially with a telephone message or email (never get replies)
  • Mentos lollies are addictive
  • Jelly beans make an awesome gift (you eat them through the boring lectures)
  • I'm probs the only female under the age of 30 working for my company.
So as you can see I really didn't learn much, nothing applied to my "area" of work. What I did learn though is that I am so effing glad I do not work "factual Investigation" it seems like such a head case. 

Well this sore investigator is signing off for an early night, lemme know what you have learnt this week :)

Bunny
xx

1 comment:

  1. Your comments about factual investigation are entertaining :) It is the bulk of what I do and certainly does involve a lot of trawling through wildly conflicting testimony and asking questions over and over and over again, and asking, begging, beseeching for paperwork all in the name of getting definitive answers out of the relevant parties!

    I believe surveillance is very important. I believe the first speaker meant that when a matter gets to the point of litigation then surveillance footage is of little use because the matter has progressed far beyond that. A different speaker, a claims officer, did say footage was of significant value to him in assessing claims.

    I found the day very interesting and certainly impressed on me the outcomes that an insurance agency is looking for. It is not all about necessarily "approving or rejecting" the claim but even about grades of approval - can the worker still work in some capacity? Is someone else responsible in part, including the worker himself or herself? etc. With these different potential outcomes in mind it does help us tailor our work.

    ReplyDelete