Tuesday 22 November 2011

The Fourth One

Days like these is when you genuinely like to do surveillance.

It's cool and grey in degrees and surroundings which in turn means that the vehicle you do surveillance in is nice and cool, or snuggly warm and you aren't dying from the heat, and if it rains, well you're undercover.

However, you seriously dislike days like today when you are OUTSIDE! In the CBD with lots of buses and walking people and the street you are in is like a freaking wind tunnel! It is so not cool! You end up sitting there freezing hoping the person you are meant to catch is quick and hurries up and goes home. Except that today that they decide oh we won't do a quick appointment, we'll do one that must last more than 2 hours! In essence, I now dislike you. I don't know you, but the fact that I'm sitting here all cold, wet and my hands are like ice blocks...I seriously dislike you.

And then the buses! Of course they had to have the appointment in the public transport hub...seriously what do people think when they book these appointments? "Oh I need to see what she looks like so I'll make the appointment in the CBD and in the busiest part"...this translates to the investigator "F**K my my life, why must you make this hard" Seriously if people wanted to get results they'd make any appointments people have to attend out in the suburbs. But as I have been told, and as I am learning...Clients have no idea what we do, or what we have to go through.

So today whilst you were either sitting in your home, curled up in bed or sitting at your desk...please spare a thought for all the investigators that were outside in the rain trying to catch your cheating spouse, the local thief or the people fraudulently using our tax money.

Thanks to the people who managed to keep my amused by sending an abundance of text messages. I seriously love technology, it makes life so much more interesting. Plus is helps me locate and find people, FYI Google is a very powerful tool for my trade. It's amazing how much you can find with just a simple search.

I also found myself focused so intently on the entrance to the building I had to cover that I didn't realise that I'd started dancing to "Moves like Jagger" which could be heard blearing from this random guys headphones, didn't realise till he took them off and said "can you hear that better?" he seemed so genuine I just smiled and said "That's ok". I was actually embarrassed at myself. I good friend of mine says that "life stops when you stop dancing" and I'd have to agree. For those people out there that don't like dance, slight toe tapping to your favourite song still counts!

Am stumped about where to start tomorrow...I think my Clients need to be spoken to, especially to clear up a fair amount of instructions...If you ever need someone to do surveillance for you, please give clear instructions :)

Well this Investigator needs to sign off and recharge the batteries
Bunny
xx

2 comments:

  1. I love surveillance. And I really LOOOOOVE foot follows. But even more, I love a properly planned surveillance op with more that one investigator.

    I hate cheapskate clients who don't understand this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foot follows are definitely better than vehicle follows. They feel more like a chase and a hide and seek game is anything. I wanted to do a two-up with the case I mentioned but the client was against it. Seriously sucked, she still hasn't cleared up anything so it's on hold until she makes up her mind. Which is fair annoying!

    ReplyDelete