Thursday 24 November 2011

The Fifth One

Today, for lack of a better word...was weird.

I over slept...which is a massive "NO NO" so I seriously had to rush and double check I hadn't left base without the video camera (note to all investigators buy big loud alarm clocks). After a mad dash through lots of traffic I still managed to arrive on time (skills!)...but I guess before I start to say how good I felt, I was walking on level 1 in the WRONG hospital! Who in their right mind puts a public and a private hospital, named the same thing right next to each other?! Clearly I am still getting used to this state.

A mad dash later and I'm walking the halls of level 1 in the right hospital :) Then my phone rings....it's my client.

The claimant I am meant to spot hasn't turned up, yet. So client informs me I am able to go up and talk to the rehab providers and basically have a one on one chat in the claimant and what they are after.

So it's safe to say when you are in a doctors room when you are not there to get a check up it feels pretty weird, it's also weird discussing someone other than yourself to a doctor(slash)lady who provides rehabilitation. You actually even freak out when you are led to a small office where you sit and then dive under a chair when you see the guy you are meant to catch walking into the rehab suite. I felt pretty stupid after I realised it was two-way glass :) It is so weird being able to stand up and film and watch your claimant when you are no more that a metre away from their face! I was able to watch him as he sat staring at a computer screen, you can realise how boring this was so went down stairs and waited in the coffee shop whilst he "did his thing". An hour or so later and he was exiting the elevator on the ground floor. I was able to follow him to his car and get his rego number. Then going to my own car I departed...protocol after this is to genuinely return home with them and watch them go inside or quite possibly get up to something else. Me being the douche that I am and showing how completely unfamiliar I am with the area took the wrong exit and found myself having to drive for an extra 25km before I could even perform a U-Turn. I was seriously hating life.BUT I still managed to get to the claimants residence, and lucky for me he was home, and with the way I drive...well he wouldn't have had time to do much else besides leave and go home.

After that boring escapade I got to go to another hospital and await for a male worker to leave on his bicycle. They have given me a photo of the male, and have told me he exits on a certain street. This street however is quite possibly the busiest street in the suburb. So I hang around and sure enough my gut instincts were correct and I had absolutely no luck getting the male. I would love to know how clients get their information, because if it is collected from the claimants then they should know by now that they all lie.

Seriously if anyone claiming any sort of injury or injustice or anything, it works out better for you if you just tell the truth. If you lie, I'll catch you out and then you'll hate me...when really you should be hating yourself.

Anyway I'm side tracking here, I ended up going to his house and seeing if he had possibly all ready made it home. To double check I walked around his apartment block. This is when the nosey neighbours come out...except today it was quite possible his mum! She asked if I was lost or needed help, so me being the young believable female I am played the "frantic" card and pleaded to her if she had seen my lost dog...she hadn't of course but permitted me to keep looking around the complex. Fake tears for the win!

I left a short while later, I get the gut feeling that he doesn't live with his mum and just has it as his postal address...I'll catch him though.

Well ta-ta for now

Bunny
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment