Tuesday 15 November 2011

The First one.

Well guess this is how you start a blog :)

I love to write so all you sorry people who decide to read my random thoughts I manage to type out whilst coherent will be in for some fun times haha...or maybe not.

Well I've been working in NSW now as a Private Investigator for a little over 5 months now, people say that I should keep what I do for a living secret but if I'm honest...you wouldn't pick me out of a crowd, so why not risk it? What I do is interesting and it's different. Of course I will not indulge in any cases or locations of where I am currently working so those who are after all specific details, you may as well stop reading now.

So far I am the only female investigator that I know, I have heard of a few others but am yet to meet them personally, I have met perhaps 5 young male investigators all under the age of 30 but have met over a dozen of older male investigators. So if there are any lady PI's out there, please let yourself known to me, I would like to swap war stories :)

Life in NSW away from family and friends is a challenge, especially on my social life since I like to call myself a social butterfly. Alas my past time activities of catching up with friends has been reduced to spending time at home with my crazy puppy. She is cute, but very hyperactive. Hopefully social life will change after a friend from SA makes the move up and she and I can hit the town on the weekends and meet new people.

The people I have met have all been nice and genuine. The best one so far is my house mate, a fellow PI that was pretty much dumped on me when he first started, I had to "take him under my wing" which is what my boss made me do, glad he did tho cos he is just great :)

So far everything has been great, oh except for one thing...but with out going into too much detail...long distance relationships DON'T work! So word to the wise, try to avoid them! What sucked the most when I first moved up was the phone call I received at about 3am in the morning with my little sister calling me to announce she was engaged! I wish I could have been there to hug her and share the excitement, instead I got to sleep for another hour before getting up for work.

One thing that is not so cool about my work is the extremely early mornings...you can wave goodbye to a 6am sleep in :( but the work is worth it. Of course it is not what I want to do for the rest of my life but it's a stepping stone to what I want to achieve.

Well I reckon this is long enough, and you're all probs yawning from boredom...

Ciao for now
Bunny.

1 comment:

  1. I am a lady PI, and I have a video podcast - same as you, I wear disguises and would never be picked as one, so why not talk about it? I've been at it for about 2.5 years and am currently writing a book about some of my more hilarious experiences (no personal details of course).

    You'll figure out how to contact me ;)

    ReplyDelete