Friday 13 January 2012

The Tenth One

If you are sitting at home later today or tonight watching television or even tuning into some news on your laptop and you find yourself watching some Asian television or Asian news show and you find yourself listening intently into what the Asian reporter has to say and you see in the background some random female climbing a fence and then crawling through bushes and disappearing....it'll be me.

I had to cover a rehab appointment in town today for the purposes of getting an ID shot and "housing" him (i.e. following the person to their residence so that we know where this person lives) It was great fun as I got to meet the rehab chick and hear what she had to say which proved interesting as she said that this male was complaining because he had to drive to an area and then catch a train in to where the rehab was. However the client was adamant that this person would drive in since he was making such a fuss about having to find parking and driving so far from a different area not mentioned before. So to sum up, this person in my books is "full dodge". I wanted to use a second investigator, purely because if he did drive then two people can follow, or if he caught public transport then one investigator can go with him on the public transport and the other can drive and meet up at the station this person departed at. However I had to fly solo on this one.

So I rock up as per usual just over an hour before the allotted time, see the rehab provider and then find myself a nice stack out on the main street with the best possible view.

With situations like these, ALWAYS go with your gut instinct. I nabbed this guy straight away, I saw him walk towards rehab place, and away from it and getting his coffee then returning to the rehab place. My gut instinct was proved correct when reception called me and confirmed his attendance and his attire. He was in there for a little over an hour before I got a phone call saying "He's in the lift, and you'll have a long walk ahead of you since he told us that he parked his car in *insert a cool suburb name here". So keeping cool and blending in as best as you can I filmed this person departing and then walking and turning left to walk up a hill, I'm once again glad I trusted my gut instinct and stayed where I was as he kept looking around (so much for a neck injury) and then turned around and walked back the way he came, crossed the road and then right into a mass car park or should I say motorcycle-park. From the road there was no great vantage point so with quick thinking I raced up a ramp that leads away from the area. At the top of this ramp is a great fence, or wall type thing with LOTS of bushes and greenery...I think maybe flowers bloom from these weird green leaves but I'm not a green thumb so wouldn't know...As I was doing this a camera crew and an Asian reporter pointing the camera in my direction were setting up, I climbed the fence and watched as all the people around me wondered what the f*@k I was doing and were all probably thinking I was crazy or suicidal since it's a long drop back to the ground. I crawled through the bushes and got a great view of the guy below me and filmed him as he attended to his MOTORBIKE! Who the hell claiming a neck injury rides a motorbike! Safe to say even if I tried following this person I would lose him given he can go through the heavy traffic with ease and leave me fuming way behind. So I was kinda freaking out as I was so sure this person was going to look up and see me just chilling there filming him. But he didn't he was to preoccupied manoeuvring his bike out from others and then stalling it as he tried to leave. Was pretty funny actually. What was even funnier was when I was making my way back through the buses and the camera pointed in my direction with the reporter talking into the camera on the microphone, and then me jumping off the wall and a little kid going "WHOAH where'd she come from!" Ninja surprise for the week...check!

Client loved me. She was overly ecstatic about what I captured and advised me to return to the rehab chick and confirm my dude, and also informed me that I need to come back on a certain date to cover him again...but NOW she wants two investigators! Wish I had my motorbike licence, would be AWESOME to try and follow.

Back in the rehab place I provided what to these people was the best ending to a Friday afternoon ever! They actually even got excited, I guess to these people this is the coolest thing ever. To me it's exciting but just another day in the office, but it is enjoyable...especially when you get to be a Ninja.

Hope you all get to have a great weekend!

I'll be working! Cross fingers for cool weather!

Bunny
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment