Monday 13 May 2013

Messy....just plan ol' messy

SO on my head stone I'd like it to read "this chick went ABOVE and BEYOND the normalcy of what a PI does". Seriously. Never in my entire career have I ever had a client WHO really isn't even my client call, email or text me SO MUCH! When he asked if I had a man in my life I pretty much drew the line . . . but seriously OMG don't go down the road of hiring me to watch over your best mates cheating wife if you aren't prepared for the SHIT STORM and the end of it! And I may be a law student but I am not a lawyer so when I say seek legal advice....you pretty much should do it. ESPECIALLY after you ask me to alter my evidence!

Speaking of illegal things . . . as a person who is seeking private surveillance you need to ask the correct questions and go with your gut instinct, especially if you have no idea what the Privacy Act is . . . ok I don't normally bag on my employers BUT when you tell the client that it's perfectly O.K. for me to trespass and capture footage of people having sex through their curtains and then said client is on my bloody back to do this act and the fact that said place where people are committing this adultery has a seriously long dirt driveway in the middle of bloody nowhere and has a DOG that runs after you and barks as soon as you step on said driveway I pretty much step in and go "nup" "not doing it" "don't exactly wanna lose my licence" IF YOU THINK THIS SHIT IS GOING TO END UP IN COURT do your BLOODY RESEARCH! If it sounds pretty shifty then it probs is. I felt pretty bad for this client, so I gave him the proper way of doing things and the legal limitations, he wasn't happy... BUT I found out that my so called employer TRIPLES my km's and driving/surveillance hours and charges the client! BUT tells me "oh my client won't pay for that many km's/hours we are going to have to shorten them" WTF! I am so seriously considering starting my own business instead of just being a contractor; I have a few mates in the industry keen as well, so I am pretty serious about it. Honest Investigations...has a ring to it wouldn't you say?

This whole job was pretty poorly organised as well, AND oh the one night they actually went out for dinner they of course went into the busiest Thai restaurant in this tiny town and were placed in the rear left corner of said restaurant with a large group of loud students seated in front of them, my camera hated me. It wanted filming action, but couldn't get any. Sadness. The client even placed a GPS on the females vehicle hoping I'd be able to follow her all the time, turns out they used his car for everything, but just so everyone out there knows using a GPS tracker is VERY illegal . . . don't do it, read up on your legislation, it's fine in some circumstances but not all.

I was heaps excited for that job, turns out it was one great big mess!

In other news, I'm looking into factual investigations and process serving, figured it would suit better to my degree, plus it'd make me multi skilled . . . I shall become the female James Bond haha. Oh if only.  No seriously, think I'll start learning some martial arts and become a ninja . . . more so than I am now haha.

So if anyone out there is doing factual or process serving, contact me via email message etc, be great to hear from you with all the pro's and con's etc, also if you want to jump on the band wagon of running a legit investigation business be great to hear from you. I want honest people, they are hard to come by, BUT they are out there!

Bunny
xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment